Friday, October 17, 2014

August

I took the month of August off from Girl Scouts.  We did school work as I felt like it.  Really, the kids are so much better behaved if we have the structure and activity of school in our day so we had school days more often than not.
 Of course, school this year has an extensive unit on life studies, namely how life changes with a new baby.  Cairn is like a little Mommy and loves to care for Aster...  So does Gauge which is much less fortunate.  Cairn holds her, calms her, can change diapers (as much as I appreciate the gesture, she becomes the self martyr if I let her do too much) and so much more.
 In case you're ever in my home and wonder why we have three half loaves of bread...  This monster is the cause of it!  We bake bread whenever we don't have enough left overs for lunch (or a half loaf from the previous batch).  I'd be fine with a PBJ sandwich everyday for lunch... but Gauge only eats the fillings and Cairn won't eat it unless there's nothing on it.

  My Grandma (Gloria Wheeler) came for Aster's baby blessing.  That weekend was quite the blur...  but look!  Our friends the Wrights came too!  Josiah was as excited to hold the baby as Gauge is.
I didn't listen to my mom and dry clean the blessing gown as soon as possible after Cerise's blessing.. and there's no dry cleaners in town...  and Cerise apparently spit up a lot in the few minutes she wore it.  It was yellowed so we packed it away again and blessed her in this cute dress (a gift from Donielle in Grant's office).  Sorry Mom for not listening!




1 comment:

  1. It interesting how much all your kids looks so much a like. The top photo is definitely Aster but it could be Cairn or Cerise too.

    ReplyDelete