Sunday, May 31, 2015

Cerise's 5th




 Strawberry Shortcake Party!!!  And Cerise is now 5.  She refused to accept that she had actually changed ages until she blew out the candle at her party.  I'm not exactly sure how or when she became a Strawberry Shortcake enthusiast...  Since she never really watched the show until she chose the theme.

But she is just enough of a diva to love the dress I made her and play the part with the hat on too.

We hosted the party at the apartment clubhouse and pool -- Yeah Pool Party!

Cerise: Cake.Candy in the strawberries.  Oh! Strawberry Shortcake cake.  Paper Strawberries.  I love how everyone came.

She's so elaborate!  Yes, the cake was Strawberry Shortcake... trifles.  So serving was easy -- just pass out the cups and enjoy more of the party.  The pound cake I made was just as good dairy free as it was dairy full!
For activities we swam.  But I had made a bunch of paper strawberries then filled them with candies.  These strawberries were thrown all over our lawn and they had an egg hunt to pick strawberries from the berry patch.

The kids loved it.  And I looked the other way as they tore open the berries so I wouldn't think of how quickly they undid my labor!
See the berries in the grass?



After serving the trifles and Eegees, the kids all went outside to picnic.  A week later, we finally finished the Eegees funpack yesterday...


Happy 5th Cerise!

No comments:

Post a Comment